Greatness lies not in being strong, But in the right using of strength.
Throughout the recorded history of time, men and women alike have aspired to attain prominent levels of greatness. Some have achieved this by having the benefit of a great mind, awesome talent, and/or socially economic advantages; but there are far many more who have achieved greatness in diverse areas without the benefit of any of these advantages; but through the sheer hard work and application of self-discipline.
Throughout history and still today any one of those highly successful predecessors would educate a young dreamer in the fact that there are only two written unbreakable rules for achieving greatness of any level (1). Self-discipline and hand-in-hand, (2). Hard Work. These two terms work in tandem because one is not doable without the other, and no level of greatness will be achieved, nor sustained successfully without both.
Most of us defiantly feel dislocated from our comfort zone when they completely focus on the realization that self-discipline sets the foundation for the hard work. Simply put, we are not a world that thrives on hard work. We, as a 21st Century civilization, are spoiled, pampered, and catered to on every level because that is the by-products of the technological age in which we (luckily) live.
From the on-set of the 1950’s forward, life has grown increasingly simpler for every generation as advances in technology, sociology, and education have evolved. We no longer have to daily operate on that scratched-out-eked-out type of daily living existence that was the load that our founders and our forefather’s bore.
We have grown complacent, and willing to accept that what we want, we shall receive, and for almost a century that was pretty much expected as well as accepted. Well, guess what the technology of electronics has done? Opened up a brand new hailstorm of competitiveness within the job market and the workplace with an intensity that has never before shaded the job market and career industry the way it does now.
Today’s career genres and specialized markets are constantly evolving with greater demands for higher tech devices, technological systems, application techniques, and requiring fewer people to do it all. The world of careers, professionals, and industry is more viciously competitive than ever and that requires a whole new standard of ambition.
Who Gets There:
The people that are getting these great jobs and positions are the ones that are self-disciplined. They apply themselves with zest and full throttle focus. They demand enough from themselves to acquire the education and learn how to transition. Self-Discipline will entail doing your homework from the onset on both yourself and your goal; you have to know who you are, what you want, where you intend to go, and then do the footwork to get there without resolve.
If you intend to achieve and/or ascend to those coveted positions of greatness, then mastering self-discipline is the avenue that will get you there.
How to be disciplined?
In order for any career minded person to stand a chance of obtaining a position within the elite echelon of leaders, managers, educators, entrepreneurs, etc., that will identify them as a ‘great achiever’ among his/her peers, in their field, they must master the art of self-discipline and employ it without wavering.
Genius is within all of us if we simply obtain the discipline to harness it; in our personal favor. This is where the ‘real world’ comes into your realm of existence and it is more than just talking-the-talk.
The foundation of understanding the fundamental real-life application of self-discipline is a simple question:
- What do YOU want out of your life?
This is what defines doing your homework and accumulating some long-term flavor.
It will involve self-evaluation and concrete decision making. This is a major decision making attribute in its very finest moment, because once you get established in the process of obtaining your life goal; it is very discouraging to reconsider, re-start, and ultimately end up in any form of do-over process at any level within this transitional state.
That in itself will undermine every major step you have taken at re-building yourself and the self that you ultimately intend to be.
Establishing self-discipline as a habitual way of life towards one ultimate achievement is going to be hard enough without setting yourself up for sabotage. There will be adjustments to your core lifestyle and most of them will be major and uncomfortable from the on-set, but you have to keep yourself focused on the end goal. That is why it is emphatically pronounced that you consider all aspects and choose wisely from the start.
This is not a process that will start out easy, nor comfortable; but it will eventually generate successful rewards on every level. There is no better feeling in the world than the one that is generated by saying,” I did this!”.
So, that is the first thing you have to figure out. What is your intended purpose long-term and what are the conditions that are involved in getting it?
- Are YOU Willing to Make SACRIFICES in the NOW so that YOU WILL reap that ULTIMATE REWARD Later?
It has long been an established fact that nothing good, or worth having is easily obtained or comes without sacrifice. This is also the case for the future you aspire to achieve. In order to get there, you will have to make concessions in the here-and-now. There will be places everyone else is going that you will have to pass on, your peers will be doing the average activities for your age groups and lifestyles but you will have to forego them and apply your focus and efforts in other more meaningful areas.
There will be some things that you may see others have but you will not be able to afford, maintain, or sustain them at this point but consistently persist and keep your eyes on that ultimate end goal such as yourself and your future. For all of their play and good-times now you will most likely be the most rewarded in the final inning of the game.
- Eliminate the Conditions for Failure:
One way to set yourself up for mastering the art of self-discipline is by eliminating the environmental contributions that set-you-up to fail. Whether this is something as simple as turning off the television, or as extreme as removing the television from your life completely something as simplistic as too much T.V. time can be a HUGE distraction under the best of circumstances.
That is not to say that the tele will be the only source of distractions you be challenged to overcome; there are a very diverse selection of life contributions that are easily considered distractions on a plethora of levels and forms. The decision will totally be one that is a personal consideration regarding the conditions of your life, the complexities of your aspirations, and the level or depths of your commitment and/or ambitions.
There are no rules set-in-stone for how to do this. It is a self-tailored application with the end result of your fate and achievements being totally at your discretion.
- Elevate Your Control by Establishing Balanced Health:
One of the best platforms you can establish to promote your chances begins with taking care of yourself at home. Nourishment is the foundation that will enable you to sustain the endurance and establish the stamina for the application of hard work and trying times. Your body requires a balanced well rounded diet in order to function normally or even above standard on every level; especially when you consider raw physical strength and unconditional brain function for thinking, cognitive ability, and memory. It is a proven fact that the brain requires a higher content of balanced sustenance for consistency than your physical body as a whole. If you fail to replenish your mind with a balanced level of the staples it needs, then you are surly setting yourself up for a faltering resolve.
Adequate sleep and rest are also defining factors that will determine the depth of your resolve. No one can function unconditionally without the correct amount of rest that their body needs to rejuvenate as well as adaptability. In order for your mind to excel and overcome the repeated demands of implementing self-discipline your body must sustain enough rest, sleep, and relaxation to generate focus and targeted attention.
It is imperative for the survival and success of your new behavioral modifications (i.e. self-discipline) that you establish a regular sleep pattern that will involve a repetitive schedule of going to sleep at the same time every night, getting up at the same time every day, and eating a well-rounded diet of scheduled meals and targeted snacks without varying from your schedule.
- Allowing Leisure Time;
Don’t fool yourself into becoming obsessed with the idea of control set in self-discipline. The golden rule of “all-work-and-no-play…etc., etc.” still applies in all aspects of our lives. Without the occasional added luxury of a little self-indulgence we can begin to resent the very thing that we are busting our humps to obtain. The key to obtaining and maintaining your identity is through your perception of self-worth. If you are not willing to reward a job-well-done to yourself then who will?
To set your stage with the ability to carry through as a great leader/achiever, you must first perceive yourself as the great deserving person that you are aspiring to be. The fundamental foundation for that is forged in fairness and reward. If you cannot justify being fair to yourself, you will hesitate and falter in the level of perceived fairness that you show to others.
In no way do we want to encourage you to burn-out before your time by pushing yourself relentlessly. Although concessions are expected to be made they must not be allowed to dictate your every waking hour. There is no measure of weakness in a concept of ‘treating’ yourself, just as the strongest leaders along with the most accomplished individuals have proven earned their titles and/or stations in life through the actions that they have mastered to themselves then extended to the world around them.
You will always want to measure the success of your progress with structured levels of reward that engineer happiness, self-worth, love, respite, respect, and lighten the load of life’s stressors. For the most part, scheduled doses of controlled pleasure are the most commonly usually prescribed antidotes, but sometimes a little spontaneity is also well advised.
- Don’t Waste Yourself Holding Out for Perfection:
First and foremost, the one common that you can depend on in life is that as a human being you will never be perfect, the things that go on around you will never be totally controlled, and the only thing you can control about any of it is……. YOURSELF. (That is, if you are willing to earn that privilege, because it by nature does not happen as a natural rule.)
Frustration comes easy, but triumph is an earned reward that is to be so succulently savored it will totally diminish the option of admitting defeat in any matter; especially from our own doing. The only thing you can do that will positively reward any unseemly development in your life’s plan is to dig-in and hold on tight. Things most definitely won’t always go your way in life on any sustained level. The key is that when development stalemates happen they can stand at a seemingly endless impasse but self-discipline will enable you to preserve your ambitions and ideals with steady fortitude.
Challenging times build character that will carry you through everything life throws your way as long as you push ahead forward no matter how many times you feel foolish, fail, or succumb to an unplanned temptation of whatever form. Keep your intentions in focus and before you know it you will be steadfastly back on track in the right direction.
We cannot move the world with a thought, it takes action and if we can’t find the directive or the strength it takes to move ourselves; how could we ever expect to move the world?
Discipline for Academic Success:
Believe it or not school isn’t just a place your parents have sent you over the years just to obtain a few hours of respite from their responsibilities.
From the beginning of your school years the tone has been set to instill more than simple academic advancement; it has also been the platform for developing the life skills you will need in order to be a successfully contributing member of society.
The classroom is a very structured environment set in a very structured routine, for a variety of reasons. It is the basic foundation for generating a supreme learning environment, but it is also for establishing the fundamental foundation of teaching children about self-discipline in the context of conforming to a pre-set dictation of what, when, where, and even how. It is the general development for instructing children from early childhood forward that everyone has rules to follow, methods to uphold, and standards to live by in every situation of life on every level of living it.
That is the base foundation that the concept of ‘SCHOOL’ is founded upon so that not only do students learn the academics, they also have the platform that will generate the life-skills needed in order to apply the academics that they have learned. This structured environment diminishes with the introduction of college into the academic profile.
The days of uninterrupted academic structure are replaced with adult decision making standards and parents are no longer held accountable for the outcome of your failure or success. It now becomes the student’s responsibility to get-up, get-moving, and apply themselves in accordance with the advantages that they have been gifted.
That is why Self-Discipline is so emphatically stressed to students; especially for the transitional adaptation into evolving into ‘their own’. Self-Discipline is the one fundamental key that is absolutely necessary for any and every student to achieve any level of academic success in a higher learning environment. It is the predilection for success NOW and throughout the entirety of the rest of your life.
With that fact being established students can move forward and grow in abounding achievements for successful studying, academic accomplishments, and inevitably overall success on every level. All that the students of the modern world have to do is fully grasp the ideals and concepts that are already established by their educational benefactors. The platform has been laid, therefore all that remains to be done is the earnest application and follow through of the self-discipline techniques and formats that have already been established.
Grasping the Formatted Pre-Disposition:
Don’t start panicking, self-discipline isn’t all about fore going the ‘normal’ trappings of your college experience, staying solely in the books, and missing out on everything. It is mainly about overcoming your own shortcomings that you are genetically pre-disposed to develop as a member of the human race. You know, the call and predispositions of laziness, complacency, and the inclination to always fit in with the crowd.
Learning to master yourself is the art of mastering SELF-DISCIPLINE. It is about holding yourself accountable to get out of bed in the morning and actually go to class. It is about following through and actively participating, asking questions, taking notes, and studying. It is about grasping the realization that the only way this endeavor is to be successfully accomplished is through yourself; your parents, friends, nor your siblings can do this for you. They may have helped to get you this far, but now you are on-your-own.
From the onset of your freshman year through the pursuit of higher degrees’ self-discipline is the one common denominator that will define the degrees you earn or the ones you miss. Self-Discipline is about monitoring the way you think and process thought. The way you store or process the things you learn, read, or experience. It is the way you show how you feel, your re-actions, and it is the guiding temperate that defines the very things you do; down to the smallest detail. That is why, self-discipline isn’t embraced as just a simple tool for education; it is the most basic life skill that dictates and sets the tone for every level and aspect of your life—today, tomorrow, and long-term.
Self-Discipline will actually over-ride the standards set by the world of education in the overall requiem of IQ status. If you cannot control your actions and focus your thoughts, you may be the smartest person in the world but little good it will do you if you cannot use that intelligence. There is no other standard of behavior directive that is going to set the precedence for your academic success more so than learning to employ and follow through with a sustainable regimen of self-discipline; it doesn’t have to be drastic or obsessive, but it does require structure and earnestly intended application.
- Ways to Discover Your Personal Self-Discipline:
- Fully grasp and appreciate the important role that self-discipline will play throughout your life; on every level.
- Acknowledge your behaviors that undermine your success and affect the levels of your overall achievements.
- Make a conscientious choice to respect your decisions and then follow through them with a sincere resolve.
- Keep a trained eye on obtaining your success and the rewarding payoff.
- Take inspiration from the people that you admire.
- Ultimate tips for Self-Disciple Development:
- Budget your time and balance your activities accordingly.
- Make an earnest effort to respect deadlines and commitments.
- Develop and employ patience.
- Use every available study tool that is at your disposal.
- Ask for the help you need, but don’t expect someone else to do your work.
- Avoid acting before you think.
- Honor your promises no matter who you made them to.
- Encourage yourself.
- Adapt a physical activity regimen.
- Eat a well-rounded balanced diet on a regular schedule.
- Get your rest in adequate increments on a regulated schedule.
- Don’t be afraid to meditate and focus your thoughts.
- Monitor your leisure activities.
- Methods of Measuring Your Progress:
- Committed ability to read a book all the way through.
- Monitoring the status of your grade levels.
- The heightened ability to focus your thoughts.
- Your increased willingness to stay true to your commitments.
- The quality of your spent time.
- The methods and applications you use to apply yourself to school.
- Attendance and participation levels.
- Take regular measure of your actions and reactions.
- The Benefits You Can Expect:
- Increased academic performance.
- Better attendance records.
- Increased ability to think, concentrate, and focus on everything.
- The ability to follow through with your commitments.
- Increased quality of the decisions that you make.
- More acceptable behaviors.
- The ability to overcome your shortcomings.
- Success on a variety of levels in every aspect of your life.
- The ability to resist substance abuse and/or addiction.
- Increase the ethical standard that you live by.
- Gain the respect and admiration of your peers and/or associates.
- Build self-esteem and refine your self-worth.
- Gain the full benefit of your developmental evolution.
- Build positive and lasting substantial relationships.
Self-Disciple is not an easy concept to adapt but it does carry the mother-load in payoff for the inclusion of every life development you will face. It is the most essential life skill that will offer you a stabilized behavior standard that you can consistently rely on to sustain a consequential life of sustenance and contribution. Not only will you greatly benefit from employing self-discipline you will also pay honor to the benefactors of your education through your limitless levels of success.
Levels of Self-Discipline
Self-Discipline is a very effective tool that will help you become a better parent and armor you to raise a happier, healthier, more confident, independent, and successful child. Using self-discipline in an effective way will simplify your life, and instill within your children the life skills that they will need for achieving, succeeding, competing, and at the basest level; functioning on a normal and acceptable level in every aspect.
Not only will the adaptation help simplify your busy, hectic, and stressed-out life, you will find it to be a key source for raising better children that are more prominently pre-disposed to succeed on every level; their education, their relationships, their careers, or any other endeavor they may undertake.
You will a discern a noticeable directed improvement in the achievement levels of your children’s behaviors, grades, and witness them become more responsible. You will verify the difference as they adapt a better process of critical thinking that enables better problem solving capabilities and decision making skills. You will be the main contributor in their fundamental development as they evolve into the high achievers and leaders of tomorrow.
- Where Self Discipline Begins:
Parenting is one of the hardest tasks that has ever been visited upon the human race and although children do not come with an instruction manual, the self-discipline that you employ, on your behalf, will provide you with an effective tool that will make the process of parenting a little more doable and less mystic.
- Become a role model for your children, and set the precedence for them to model by, by utilizing your time wisely.
- This is an example that should and easily can be exemplified every day, on every level, in every aspect of your lives. As parents it is a number one priority to show your children how to be successful at anything you do on every level regardless of economic or social stature; so this is really a concept without the restriction of time, it is an on-going process from start to finish.
- Make plans for individual activities and family activities then follow through with them.
- Children really are very impressionable and no one sets the tone for a child’s future more so than his or her parents. That is why activities that are just for the child, for you and your child, and for you, the child, and the rest of the family are so important. Don’t just go through the motions of making these plans, actually do what you plan to, have fun with it. This will destress you, build a stronger bond between you and your child regardless of their age, and set the precedence on how they form their relationships in the future.
- Set rules that have consistent consequences for being broken; then follow through with the pre-set disciplinary action.
- Don’t be afraid of rules and discipline. Children have been being disciplined at home, at school, and in society throughout the history of the human race. Discipline doesn’t mean breaking their spirit, but it is a part of loving them. If they are not given boundaries now, then they will lack those essential behavioral filters, judgment abilities, and desirable character attributes when they get older.
- Access and utilize every parenting resource you can find. Take advantage of the information age.
- The science of Child Psychology is ever evolving and new revelations about parenting are coming to surface daily. That means that there are also new parenting techniques that are designed to keep you current with the demands that today’s children face so that you can be that super-hero parent that has the footing to actually make a difference and be that absolute positive influence in your child’s life that you aspire to be. This will cut down on misunderstood communication between you, help your life be less stressful for you and the child, as well as empower yourself with that coveted innovative soccer mom (parent) advantage.
- Teach your children ways to destress such as taking a 30 minute or an hour respite each day for yourself.
- This is an easy do, insist on 30 minutes or an hour each day for yourself whether it is a little T.V. time, reading time, your bath, whatever just make sure they understand why you require this and then encourage them to enjoy their independent time as well.
- Although you want to be firm in your stand of rules and acceptable behaviors, when there are transgressions self-discipline will help you reign in those forceful emotions, remain calm and deal fairly.
- Trying to discipline a child when you are angry and upset, not only defies logic, it teaches children that witness this that this is normal acceptable behavior and it will not be a characteristic that will serve them well in the ‘REAL-WORLD’.
- Give them options that will instill complex decision making skills then hold them accountable for the progress that they make, or reward justly for attaining that goal.
- This is simply a matter of letting them choose minor things to begin with from a controlled group then graduating into more complex decisions. Creativity goes along way here but it can be as simple as which fruit they prefer for a snack or one outfit from a few choices etc.
- Communicate with each family member daily on an emotionally reserved scale.
- Also another time-tested and true method is family dinner time being used as the opportunity to catch up with each other discuss family events, plan and dream together and simply stay connected, in touch with each other and turn familial ties into friendships.
- Instilling Self-Discipline in Your Child at Home:
This is a novel concept and a refreshingly ‘nu-wave’ traditional -modern inter-mixed concept for parenting in a world that is ever evolving, developing, manipulating, and markedly producing smarter kids, faster kids, and most definitely more demanding far less innocent kids of today. As a parent with traditional values that wants the best for your kids, how do you regulate this child’s world within healthy developmental bounds? How do you protect them, and where can you realistically draw the lines?
The truth is; from a traditional application, you probably no longer can. But you can still instill the same great disciplines of yester-year into your offspring simply by applying a more modern application that is grounded in the same fundamental beliefs and values.
This is commonly referred to as ‘Self-Discipline’ in the modern world. You simply have to finesse the technique of perfectly over-lapping a balance of ideally controlling your child, into a form of absorbable logic that your child will actually accept; in the plateau of their developmental level, that is comprehensively in accordance with their age.
Self-Discipline in this context is the ideal/avenue of raising a child that can (from an early-age) focus their thoughts, think before they react to emotions, consider consequences before they commit any action, be broad thinkers, and complex problem solvers, as well as long-term planners.
It will take some self-disciple from yourself and other family members; heavily in the way of setting-the-example, literally— ‘Living-What-You-Preach!’ Beyond that it will just be a matter of using their formative years to pave the way. The biggest personal investments it will cost you…. Is YOUR Time and Attention?
Here are some tips, references, and some little unobtrusive suggestions that have been derived from the teachings of some of the country’s top parenting specialists. This is educational information that will greatly help you, help your child; by helping him/her develop life skills that will transition with their every moment, elevate their relationship skills throughout every level, status, and situation for the entirety of his or her existence, as well as reinforce them with a standard to live by, the stamina to practice it, and the wherewithal to maintain it.
- Structure their environment so that it sets a character preference for order and routine, but also counter-balanced with the addition of various artistic exposure, choices, and solvable problems that will challenge them but doesn’t overwhelm their ambition, nor diminish their confidence by being too formidable a task.
- In this particular instance, setting the challenges too high can generate anger and resentment, feelings of being inadequate, or instigate an adverse reaction that might shut the child down. If the challenge is too easy then the child is not nurtured into approaching solving his/her problems by approaching the issue with committed focus.
- Every level of EDUCATION that you can offer them. The earlier the structured education process begins; the easier it is to keep them getting educated. Not only does school teach them the academics, it is also a founded routine that is grounded in structured time, repetition, and impulse control techniques that are applied with consistent restrictions, the same boundaries, and stable continuity.
- From the routine of getting up for the day at the same time, on time, all the way through every individual classroom setting, school, from its very first beginnings were designed to be an all-encompassing experience that from its very core it has been a conjunction of the idea of transitional life skills intertwined amongst the traditional academic venue.
- You can use the assignment of small task, and/or scheduled chores (of course, in accordance with what the child’s age and ability levels are!) to build your child’s character, help them identify with self-worth, and instill a basic sense of developing responsibility.
- Consequence and Accountability: This type of behavioral self-control instills the foundation for complex thinking like long term planning can be temperately balanced with a Praise and Reward system. This is simply the trials and challenges that will extrapolate and imitate life situations as a means of inciting broader thinking patterns at an earlier age. Then once they are counseled on the best approach to an ideal resolution; they are either praised and rewarded for positive results or held accountable with consequences for less than desirable results.
- There are a number of ways that learning self-discipline will elevate, encourage and increase your child’s Problem Solving and Complex Decision Making skills, as well as stages the mind to develop patience.
- Simply by giving your child choices, then offering a little guidance towards the logical/beneficial solution, then letting them experience an introduction to a dose of the consequences or bask in the pay-off, a parent is reinforcing the complex decision making, problem solving and thinking tings through. This will also build character and teach them the basics of being held accountable for their actions.
- Structure routine activities that will help your child develop a sense of responsibility and have an affirmed link to time management skills.
- Extracurricular activities such as sports, drama clubs, or even boys/girls’ clubs and associations, etc. are also structured environments that reinforce self-discipline and instill self-worth, confidence, and time management by requiring that your child be present. There is also the added bonus of the team setting which also broadens your children from individual thinking into a group mind- set so that they will also have these transitional skills to follow through the rest of their lives on in any genre or environment.
Remember, every child is different and these are just some generalized suggestions that have no-way possible been directed at anyone, nor are they intended as a tailored cure-all for bad behavior. Lack of self-discipline has its varied measures of consequences, but attaining self-discipline is a positive life alteration that is an all-encompassing ambition for enduring the road to maximum reward, achievement, and success.
Self-Discipline is a survival skill that will enrich the lives of you and your family. Part of developing self-discipline is learning patience, engineering broader-thinking practices, postponing reactions until we have measured our emotions, foregoing the simple prize and holding out for the ‘REWARD’. All of the necessary components for establishing the founding ability to generate the fundamentals of healthy positive relationships.
These relationships that we are talking aren’t just the shared home life mate genre; we mean every relationship within the whole circumference of life. It will improve the bonds you hold with your child, sister, brother, friend, co-worker, etc. etc.
Leadership requires strengths in character, actions, and aptitude; all of which can be captured, refined, and candidly displayed through the accomplishment of Self-Discipline. Self-Disciple will help you decide how to temper your methods you use to attain your success and define the style or type(s) of leader you want to be.
This type of behavior modification will help you learn the difference between beneficial and helpful behaviors as opposed to the hindrance habits that are commonly displayed through normal human behaviors. Once you develop the tenacity to distinguish between the two, you will then have the capacity to use them to your advantage on every level. These are the self-improvement applications that help leaders and entrepreneurs develop the confidence it takes to ‘reach-out’ and expose their ideas without resolve or inhibition. It instills the strengths that they need to bear rejection at one level then push-through to the next. They develop the charisma to be ’listened-to’ and heard from their peers or associates. And Self-Discipline will help a person project the magnetism to gain respect from a following that find the same depth in context that they do.
Not only will Self-Discipline improve your life now and prepare you for career successes, it will also carry you through into that beyond identified as your retirement stage.
People with great self-discipline skills are notorious for preparing for the future and avoiding any adverse complications that may arise. They are not by nature going to trust the hands of their fate or their financial well-being to the government by sitting back passively and waiting on Social Security. They will take definitive measures to prepare and protect their ‘nest-egg’ for any worse-case-event scenario. These are the people that enjoy their ‘golden’ years’ without inhibition, resolve, or reserve. They have payed their dues throughout the years so when it finally comes their time to play—they do it without guilt, restraint, or recrimination.
Retirees that have developed and honed their skills as a pariah of self-discipline also have a resistance to the emotional and mental angst that a lot of retiree’s experience when they realize that they no longer seem to have a purpose, lose track of their identity, and develop anxiety over the lack of something to do. The base installation of self-discipline will teach them patience, the need for seasons (when to go, stop, grow, reap, etc.), and of course they will already have a pre-thought and developed plan of what they are going to do next for fun and play.
So we have established that SELF-DISCIPLINE is definitely a good thing that will benefit and improve the life of anyone, especially young people. It is an essential development if you have ambition that you earnestly hope to see through to fruition. Self-Discipline is fundamental for the developmental stages of your future.
That is why it is imperative that any student, but especially college students adopt self-discipline as their way of taking hold of their own future with a firm grip. This is the most positive first step plan in the right direction that any student can be sure of. It is a reliant philosophy with consistent results, proven methods, and endless actionable applications. This action of self-improvement will prove the depths of student’s dedication, appreciation, and serious commitment about the opportunities they have received.
Self-Discipline will serve any person on every level of their lives in any environment. It is a beneficial life skill at home, school, socially, and professionally. It builds standards, elevate ethics, and reinforces personal constitution.
Not only will a young college student attain the levels of driving force required to accomplish attaining their degree, they will also be equipped to follow through to the next levels in every nuance and application of carrying through with their lives and graduating to the next level for the rest of their lives; even including retirement. Self-Discipline will help them prepare financially for life after employment as well as get them mentally ready to sit down and emotionally ready to stop and wait without the angst of anxiety that a lot of retirees seem to feel.